- How We Use Personal Information To the extent permitted by law, we use your Personal Data for the following purposes, in particular:
- To register you and to enable you to use our Services (Article 6 para. 1 b GDPR);
- To inform you of any new product or service of the Company by sending notices, advertisement or pictures through e-mail, SMS and other similar electronic communication means or via the Services on the POTWORKA website, but only where you have requested us to do so (Article 6 para. 1 a GDPR);
- To enable us to improve our products, Services, contents and advertisements provided that we will use anonymised data for this purpose;
- To give you advice on the contents, channels and your purchase of other products of our Company, but only where you have requested us to do so (Article 6 para. 1 a GDPR);
- To keep internal records on software updates, technical services and other transactions to the extent necessary for the provision of the Services (Article 6 para. 1 b GDPR);
- To meet the requirements of any government request which is lawful according to the applicable law (Article 6 para. 1 c GDPR),
- To detect, deter or otherwise address any fraud or security issues (Section 6 para. 1 f GDPR);
- Direct Marketing Subject to the following paragraph, we may use your Personal Data for marketing purposes, in particular to display to you or present you with advertisements and promotion materials, to inform you (if applicable) about our new products or to conduct free prize draws and prize competitions and other such information which we believe may be of interest to you based on your use of and your interests in our Services, always provided that such use complies with applicable laws.
- Location-based Services The Company may collect the location data of your device, and use, store, transmit or share such location-based data through the POTWORKA website and the Services for providing location-based services for its products. The location data is collected anonymously in a form based on product and content, not personally identifying you.
- Sharing of your Personal Information with Third Parties In principle, we do not share or disclose your Personal Data to third parties. However, the Company may be required to share or use your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection laws in the following cases:
- where this is necessary in order to provide the Services to you (Art. 6 para. 1b GDPR),
- if we are required to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance (Article 6 para. 1 c GDPR),
- if we are required to disclose your Personal Data to providers of outsourced Services like cloud computing to enable them to provide such Services,
- if it is necessary for providing after-sale services and repair services to your devices that are necessary for the use of the Services (Art. 6 para. 1b GDPR), or
- where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
- Security Measures Taken for Your Personal Data The Company takes appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Links to External Content Resources Our Services may contain some services or links that may direct you to other websites, services or external content resources which are outside of our control. We are not responsible for such direction and the privacy of any Personal Data which you provide on other websites.
- Your Rights for Your Personal Data You have the following rights with respect to your personal data we hold:
- to learn whether your Personal Data is processed;
- if processed, to request information in connection therewith;
- to learn the purpose of the processing and whether such data is used for intended purposes;
- to request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data;
- to request the erasure or destruction of your Personal Data or the restriction of the processing in accordance with the applicable laws;
- to object to any further processing based on Article 6 para. 1 f GDPR (see Section 3 above);
- under certain circumstances to demand data portability;
- To request us to notify third parties to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed (if any) of the actions taken according to the subparagraphs (d) and (e) above; and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We refer all personal information we collect about you as "Personal Data". Personal Data refers to the data that may be used for determining your identity.
To the extent permitted by the applicable laws, we may combine the Personal Data we collect about you with our Services, website or other channels with the information you provided us via other ways, and retain all such information in a combined database or separate databases.
The Company shall not retain your Personal Data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was intended or initially collected. Unless and to the extent we are required to retain your Personal Data for justified legal reasons (e.g. for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims), we will delete or anonymise your Personal Data once you inform us that you will no longer be using our Services. If a deletion of your Personal Data would only be possible with unreasonable efforts, we will anonymise them instead of a deletion. We will not collect Personal Data about you that is not necessary to the purposes it was collected for.
We will only send you any advertisement, marketing or promotional material or product information, if you have elected to receive such information by email and/or post. Depending on the jurisdiction you reside in and in accordance with applicable laws in your country, we will ask you to expressly consent to such use before we send you any marketing or promotional material or before we send you any product information.
We protect the security of your Personal Data by using encryption and password protection where appropriate, and limiting access to your Personal Data.
Whilst we have done all of this, these measures do not release you from taking appropriate steps to keep your password and other user identification safe and secure, in particular by avoiding obvious user ID's or passwords, by changing your password regularly and by ensuring that you do not disclose your password(s) or grant any other person access to your user account.
With the exception of strictly necessary cookies, you will have the right to opt out of the cookies and other technologies. To do so, you will need to manage your preferences in your web browser or directly on the POTWORKA website. Please note that our Services and Software are designed to work with cookies and other technologies, and disabling them may affect your usage of our Services or Software. We do not exchange cookies with any third party, except with third parties working with us to provide our Services to you as listed above.
Date of Issue: 05 December 2017